Step 8 Adding Information to the Content Division
Adding Information to the Content Division Add your text in the content division of the index.html page. In the content division, type your text and insert your images that you want to show on the home page (Picture X.29). When you write text, you can use some formatting tags:
- <p>…</p> (paragraph): It makes a paragraph.
- <strong>…</strong>: It makes important text.
- <em>…</em> (emphasize): It makes emphasized text.
- <br/> (break): It inserts a single line break. It does not require closing tag.
- Add the image Tuqay.jpg in the content division after the first paragraph (Picture X.29). First copy your image to the Images folder, and use the img tag to show the images on the page.
<p>Ğabdulla Tuqay (1886 - 1913) was a Tatar poet, a classic of the Tatar literature, a critic and a publisher. Tuqay is often referred as the founder of the modern Tatar literature and the modern Tatar literary language, which replaced Old Tatar language in literature.
<img class="img-left" src="Images/Tuqay.jpg" width="300px" alt="Gabdulla Tuqay">
<p> <br/> </p>
Ğabdulla Tuqay <br/>
Габдулла Тукай <br/>
<strong>Born:</strong> <em>26 April 1886, Quşlawıç, Kazan Governorate, Russian Empire</em>
<strong>Died:</strong> <em>15 April 1913 (aged 26), Kazan, Russian Empire</em> <br/>
<strong>Pen name:</strong> <em>Şüräle</em> <br/>
<strong>Occupation:</strong> <em>poet, publicist</em> <br/>
<strong>Nationality:</strong> <em>Tatar</em> <br/>
<strong>Genres:</strong> <em>romantism, realism</em> <br/>
<strong>Influences:</strong> <em>Alexander Pushkin, Mikhail Lermontov</em> <br/>
Picture X.27: Adding content to the Web page.
- Change the formatting of the content division in the CSS file (Picture X.30).
Picture X.30: Formatting the content division.
overflow: hidden; One of the popular uses of setting overflow is float clearing. This means that the element with overflow applied (auto or hidden), will extend as large as it needs to encompass child elements inside that are floated (instead of collapsing), assuming that the height isn’t declared.
- Save and run the page to see the result (Picture X.31).
Picture X.31: The banne,hyperlinks and content.